Cauliflower is a member of the cruciferous family of vegetables. It comes in several colors- white, orange, green and purple. It is low in calories, versatile and very nutritious. Today, we will show you how to make cauliflower steaks to have at your next dinner.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper.
2. Turn the head onto it’s side and with a sharp knife cut off the stem. Remove any remaining leaves.
3. Sitting the head, as in the first picture, on the cutting board, slice the cauliflower across into 1 inch steaks. Don’t worry about any loose pieces that fall off. They won’t go to waste!
4. Place the steaks and any loose pieces on the cookie sheet. Brush each steak with a mixture of fresh lemon juice and 2 cloves of minced fresh garlic. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Finish with a sprinkling of sea salt and black pepper.
5. Roast in the oven 40 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve. Enjoy!