From Treves Janszen @ Thrive Nutrition
Spaghetti squash is an intimidating vegetable but a great lower carb option than your typical pasta in recipes. Let’s break the steps down so you can start using this vegetable.
1. Roast the whole squash in a 375 degree oven until fork tender. The smaller one took 30 mins, the larger took 45 mins.
2. When cool enough to handle with a mitt, slice off the stem top.
3. Split the squash down it’s length with a sharp knife.
4. With a metal tablespoon, gently remove the seeds leaving the flesh behind.
5. Next, take a fork and gently scrape the flesh into “spaghetti”.
6. Gather all the strands into a bowl to use as “spaghetti” in your favorite recipes or season and use as a side to your lean protein. Enjoy!